Lance Raymundo speaks up after gym accident
Singer-actor Lance Raymundo. File Photo.
MANILA – Singer-actor Lance Raymundo is not blaming anyone over the freak gym accident he had last week which left his face crushed.
In an article published on The Philippine Star on Tuesday, Raymundo was quoted as saying "it was nobody's fault."
“It was an accident. Nobody wanted it to happen,” he said.
Raymundo said it was just unfortunate that the 80-pound barbell fell on his face.
“When I came to my senses wala na akong ilong, wala na akong mukha,” he said. “It was traumatic.”
Nonetheless, the singer-actor is grateful to be still alive.
“Had the barbell fell an inch higher, I would have been a goner. Or if it fell four inches lower, it would have struck my neck and the result would have been fatal just the same,” he said.
According to the article, Raymundo is set to undergo a five-hour operation on Tuesday in an undisclosed hospital.
“My doctors assured me that I would look the way I did before the accident,” he said.
Over the weekend, Raymundo’s mother sent a statement to ABS-CBN News detailing what happened to her son.
“The person who was assisting him on his workout accidentally dislodged the barbel on top of Lance's face when he leaned forward,” she said. “Luckily, with God's grace, his skull and his neck were spared as injuring those two parts would have been fatal.”
Raymundo’s mom also thanked the people who rushed her son to the hospital for it was because of them that the singer-actor was given immediate medical attendance.
In the same statement, Raymundo’s mother advised producers, casters, production houses, movie outfits and directors with whom her son has contractual obligations that he will be out of commission for three months.
Both Raymundo and his mom are appealing for prayers so he may immediately recuperate.