Solenn Heussaff and actor Vhong Navarro
MANILA – Despite the legal battles he is facing, actor Vhong Navarro is indeed back to business as he is set to headline a movie this year.
On Friday, GMA-7 star Solenn Heussaff reposted a tweet in her Twitter account about her upcoming movie with Navarro.
Originally posted by @AbsCbnLimelight, the post said: “@solennheussaff, makakatambal si @VhongX44 for the first time for the horror-comedy flick #DaPossessed under Star Cinema! Abangan :)”
Other details about the horror project “Da Possessed” have yet to be revealed, although Star Cinema has reported that it will be directed by Joyce Bernal.
Just last week, Navarro returned to “It’s Showtime” after nearly two months after sustaining physical injuries when he was mauled by a group led by businessman Cedric Lee and model Deniece Cornejo inside a condominium unit in Taguig last January 22 after he allegedly raped Cornejo.
Navarro denied raping her and has since filed criminal complaints against those involved in the mauling.
While saying that he isn’t sure if he can still go back to his cheerful self, Navarro told viewers of "It's Showtime" upon his return to the show: “Kayo po ang dahilan kaya ako nanatiling matatag, kung bakit ako nakatayo sa harap ninyo ngayon at 'yun din po ang dahilan kaya gustong gusto ko na magtrabaho dahil yun po ako eh. Gustong gusto ko magpasaya ng tao."