'Harassed' Deniece says she texted Cedric for help on Jan. 18
MANILA -- Model Deniece Cornejo supposedly asked for the help of businessman Cedric Lee shortly after 1 a.m. on January 18 -- a few hours after actor-host Vhong Navarro visited her in Taguig.
In a counter-affidavit submitted to the Department of Justice prosecution panel two weeks ago, Cornejo said Navarro first sexually assaulted her when they were together in her Forbeswood Heights condo unit on January 17.
Cornejo had said she struggled but failed to stop Navarro.
"As I was struggling to stop his advances, he managed to force his penis into my mouth. I tried my best to free myself from his clutches to no avail," she said.
On Monday night, Cornejo posted on her official Instagram account a purported screengrab of a text message she sent to Lee with the hashtags "#telecomcantlie #Godistrue and #stopmakingstories."
Screengrab of Deniece Cornejo's Instagram post
Her message "Help im being harrassed" was sent to Lee at 1:05:24 a.m. on January 18.
It wasn't clear in her post who was harassing her since she didn't mention any name.
In his sworn affidavit submitted to the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI), Navarro admitted that he and Cornejo met in her condominium unit in Forbeswood Heights on January 17.
"After consuming one bottle of white wine, they made out and it led to oral sex where Cornejo repeatedly inserted in her mouth the private part of [Navarro]," the actor's sworn statement read.
In a previous interview, Navarro's lawyer Atty. Alma Malonga also detailed the contents of CCTV footage taken that night.
"What the new CCTV footage shows is it's true, they met up. She fetched Vhong paakyat, and I think they stayed there mga two hours," Mallonga said.
"And nung lumabas na si Vhong early in the morning, what the CCTV shows -- ito, nagulat kami dahil hindi namin alam ito, at hindi rin alam ni Vhong -- apparently, on January 17 pa lang, umakyat sina Cedric after Vhong had already left."
According to Mallonga, the footage also showed Lee accompanied by a number of the men involved in the mauling of Navarro five days later.
"Umakyat sila doon sa second floor, presumably sa condominium unit ni Deniece," the lawyer said. "So ano'ng pinag-uusapan nila doon? Hindi natin alam. So iyon ang sinasabi natin -- talagang binalak ito."
Cornejo, in her first complaint-affidavit in the rape case she filed against Navarro, claimed that the actor forced her to perform oral sex on him and tried to insert his penis in her vagina on January 22, the night the group of businessman Cedric Lee allegedly came to her rescue.
Navarro denied attempting to rape Cornejo and claimed that he was a victim of extortion. He said he was blindfolded and tied up before being attacked by at least six men, including Lee.
The actor has since filed six criminal charges against Lee, Cornejo and six others: serious physical injuries, grave threat, grave coercion, unlawful arrest, blackmail, and serious illegal detention, which is a non-bailable offense.