MANILA, Philippines – Actress and television host Anne Curtis declined to confirm reports that she is going to do a movie with actor John Lloyd Cruz this year.
|Actress Anne Curtis
In an interview with ABS-CBN News during the photoshoot of her newest endorsement, Curtis said: “Not sure about that yet. There's no confirmation so I don't know what to say.”
While there are sites saying the two stars have already started shooting, Curtis stressed that nothing is definite yet and she will just grant another interview when plans become clearer.
“Hindi ko pa alam eh. Tsaka na lang kapag may confirmation na siguro,” she said.
In her interview with ABS-CBN News last month, Curtis revealed that her fans will once again see her on the silver screen this year but is not allowed to reveal any details about the movie.
“I’ll be doing an upcoming film starting soon. Abangan niyo na lang 'yung announcement kung what it is. We don’t know yet if it’s gonna be a (romantic-comedy) so we still have to see. Surprise,” she said at the time.
In 2011, both Cruz and Curtis announced that they would like to work with each other in a future movie project.
"Sana, sana mabigyan kami ng pagkakataon, mabigyan kami ng chance. I'm sure si Anne kapag nakatagpo kami ng script ng material na babagay sa aming dalawa eh sana ay maisip kami ng Star Cinema," Cruz said at the time.
Meanwhile, Curtis was asked about how she feels since her noontime show “It’s Showtime” is performing really well in terms of ratings.
“All of us, on behalf of the whole ‘Showtime’ family, we are just very very happy and you know the whole point of the show is to make the madlang people happy,” she said.
Curtis said all of them in the show don't want to be pressured with ratings, adding that it is not really their goal to compete with other noontime shows.
“Of course, it's all part of the network doing good but on our side, we just want to make people happy that’s why we try not to think about it kasi nakakadagdag yun ng pressure. Kami basta enjoy lang sa ginagawa namin everyday and that's to make the madlang people smile,” she said.
According to the latest data of the multinational market research group Kantar Media, "It's Showtime," registered a nationwide rating of 12.3% against the first episode of the noontime show "Wowillie" which only garnered 6.5% on January 28.
In December, ABS-CBN's noontime offering also overtook its rival program, Television And Production Exponents' (TAPE) "Eat Bulaga."
"It's Showtime" garnered 13.9% in nationwide ratings last December 26 compared to "Eat Bulaga," which earned a national TV rating of 12.4%.
The Kapamilya noontime show recently launched its new segments -- including the celebrity edition of the talent competition "Bida Kapamilya," the celebrity look-alike contest "Kalokalike" and the man-versus-machine showdown "Makina Matibay."