MANILA (UPDATED) -- The non-showbiz girlfriend of Vhong Navarro, who has kept a low profile throughout their reported five-year relationship, faced ABS-CBN News' cameras in a rare moment on Tuesday, as the actor-host continued to recover from serious injuries after being attacked last week.
She was at Navarro's side in his hospital room shortly before the "It's Showtime" mainstay made his sworn statement in relation to a mauling incident last January 22, which left him with serious injuries, including a broken nose that required reconstructive surgery.
Navarro has been evasive about discussing her in media interviews, saying it's his way to shield his girlfriend from showbiz intrigues.
But in his first interview about the attack that aired last Sunday on "Buzz ng Bayan," an emotional Navarro thanked her for standing by him despite the accusations against him in relation to the incident.
"Talagang hindi niya ako pinabayaan. Hindi niya muna inisip sarili niya, kung ano'ng mararamdaman niya, kung ano'ng magiging reaction niya. Siyempre, pumunta po ako, e. Ang iniisip niya ako parin, e," an emotional Navarro told host Boy Abunda.
"Sobrang humingi po ako ng tawad, na sana bigyan niya pa ako ng chance. Gusto ko sabihin sa kanya -- hindi ako rapist. Hinding-hindi ko magagawa 'yun," he said at the time.
In his formal complaint filed Tuesday, Navarro identified eight people including businessman Cedric Lee and model Deniece Cornejo as those behind the attack, which happened inside a condominium unit at the Bonifacio Global City in Taguig.
Earlier on Tuesday, Lee accused Navarro of "twisting the facts," saying the host's account of the incident is an exaggeration.
Cornejo, meanwhile, maintained that Navarro attempted to rape her and that she will file the appropriate charges against him.