MANILA, Philippines – ABS-CBN’s talent management arm Star Magic said actor Gerald Anderson did not do anything that provoked or instigated Maricel Soriano’s removal from their upcoming television series “Bukas Na Lang Kita Mamahalin.”
|Actor Gerald Anderson
In a statement issued on Tuesday, Star Magic said it “has the utmost confidence not only in Gerald Anderson's exceptional ability as an actor, but also in his unassailable personal character and professional behavior.”
On Monday, ABS-CBN Head of Corporate Communications Bong Osorio announced that Soriano will no longer be part of the upcoming ABS-CBN series.
“Due to the unfortunate incident between Gerald Anderson and Maricel Soriano that transpired on the first taping day of ‘Bukas Na Lang Kita Mamahalin,’ the ABS-CBN management and the management of Maricel Soriano have agreed that Maricel will no longer be part of the cast,” he said.
Despite this, Osorio stressed that the series, which also features Cristine Reyes, Rayver Cruz and Diana Zubiri, will still proceed as scheduled.
Prior to Monday's statement, it was rumored that Soriano blew her top when she and Anderson were doing a scene together last week.
According to a report published on the Philippine Entertainment Portal (PEP), Anderson was reportedly having a hard time with his lines and this allegedly irritated Soriano, causing her to shout at the actor before walking out of the set.
However, another source told the website that footage would prove that there was nothing wrong with Anderson's acting, considering that they were taping a "light" scene.
Anderson allegedly tried to talk to Soriano but he was not able to appease the veteran actress.
According to PEP, Anderson was seen crying after the incident.
Aside from Anderson and Soriano, the upcoming series on the Kapamilya network will also feature Cristine Reyes, Rayver Cruz and Diana Zubiri.
PEP quoted a source saying actress Dawn Zulueta is being considered to replace Soriano in the series.