Kathryn, Daniel overwhelmed by success of 'Pagpag'
Daniel Padilla and Kathryn Bernardo File photo
MANILA - Teen stars Daniel Padilla and Kathryn Bernardo expressed their gratitude to those who made their Metro Manila Film Festival (MMFF) entry "Pagpag: Siyam na Buhay" a huge box-office success.
Bernardo said she considers 2013 to be her best year in the industry so far, with the success of her primetime series "Got To Believe," and now with "Pagpag."
“Grabe nagulat ako at masasabi ko talaga na 2013 ang best 'year para sa amin ni DJ (Padilla), so maganda siya para i-end 'yung year. Maraming salamat po sa lahat ng sumuporta,” Bernardo said in an interview with ABS-CBN entertainment news site Push.
"Pagpag," as of December 31, surpassed the P100-million mark in nationwide ticket sales, according to Star Cinema. The horror film has also consistently ranked fourth of the eight entries as the highest grossing film in the festival.
For his part, Padilla wishes that fans will continue to support his "love team" with Bernardo, as well as their upcoming projects slated for 2014.
“Basta happy lang kami at nagpapasalamat sa lahat ng sumusuporta at sana magtuloy-tuloy lang ngayong 2014,” he said.
Bernardo then hinted on more exciting things to come from her and Padilla. “Siguro kailangan nilang abangan ang season two ng 'Got To Believe.' Marami pa ang mangyayari and of course marami pang plano for 2014 so hintay lang sila."