SOCO: Hospital admits own nurse after stabbing

By Korina Iledan, Multimedia Producer, SOCO

Posted at Jun 02 2014 04:46 PM | Updated as of Jun 03 2014 12:46 AM

For eight years, Jessie Dela Rosa worked as a nurse at the Isaac Catalina Medical Center in Abucay, Bataan.

His dedication led him to be promoted to the position of head nurse of the emergency room.

Who would have thought that one day, Jessie would be rushed to the very same emergency room he managed?

For eight years, Jessie Dela Rosa worked as a nurse at the Isaac Catalina Medical Center in Abucay, Bataan.


Emergency room

At around 7:00 p.m. of September 7, 2011, Dela Rosa's family was surprised when he left home in a rush. He borrowed his brother Noli's motorcycle, and said he needed to administer an injection to a child.

Little did his relatives know that it would be the last time they would be seeing the nurse alive.

An hour later, at past 8:00 p.m., a severely wounded Dela Rosa was brought to the Isaac Catalina Medical Center by the Barangay Gabon mobile patrol.

Henry Sapinoso, the village's former barangay tanod, found Dela Rosa earlier by the side of the road.

"Nakahubad na siya. Tapos puro dugo," Sapinoso said. "Sa tindi nga ng dugong tumapon, namumutla siya."

The doctors tried to save Dela Rosa, but after two hours, he was declared dead.

A man named 'Sulak'

Based on post-mortem examination, the victim, Dela Rosa, sustained eight stab wounds. The coroner also found defense wounds on his body.

Dela Rosa's family was devastated at the news of his death. They couldn't think of anyone who would want to kill him.

Fortunately, before he was brought to the operating room, Dela Rosa was able to mouth to the authorities who had attacked him.

"Tinatanong namin si Jessie sa ospital, sabi ko, Jessie, sino ang gumawa nito sa'yo? Nasabi niya naman kung sino. 'Si Sulak.' Sulak lang ho ang binaggit niya na gumawa sa kanya noon," said Sapinoso.

"Sabi ko, ilang sila? Sabi niya, sumenyas lang siya, dalawa."

Upon asking around the area, the authorities discovered that the "Sulak" Jessie was referring to was actually a man named Willert Salvador.

They were able to trace his home in Limay, Bataan but he was no longer there.

"May nakapagsabi sa amin na ang nasabing suspek ay may girlfriend na naninirahan din sa may Barangay Laon," said PO2 Bobby Singca, former Chief Investigator, Abucay Municipal Police Station. "Kung kaya't sa tulong ng mga barangay, hinanap namin 'yung nasabing girlfriend ng suspek."

When they reached the house of Salvador's girlfriend, they saw no signs of the suspect. They arrived with good timing, though, because she and the the suspect were exchanging text messages at the time.

"Napakiusapan namin siya na kontakin niya 'yung suspek through cellphone at ayon sa kanya, gusto ng suspek na pumunta 'yung girlfriend sa Barangay Layak, Dinalupihan, Bataan para lumayo na sila," said PO2 Singca.

The authorities then launched an operation to apprehend Salvador.

"Tumulak 'yung tropa papunta sa junction sa Layak, nasasakupan ng Dinalupihan, Bataan at inabutan nila doon 'yung suspek na nakatayo nga sa gilid ng daan at hinihintay niya 'yung girlfriend niya," said PO2 Singca.

Salvador was immediately arrested. The authorities recovered the victim's belongings from Salvador, including keys to the motorcycle Jessie used the night he was murdered, his driver's license, and his Professional Regulation Commission identification card. Salvador also told the police where he left the motorcycle.

Willert Salvador a.k.a. 'Sulak' was arrested in Dinalupihan, Bataan.


A second suspect

Upon interrogation, Salvador denied killing Jessie. ABS-CBN SOCO requested an interview with him but the suspect refused.

However, in a letter, Salvador told his version of the story.

According to Salvador, a gay friend introduced Jessie to him in March 2010. Since then, they had been seeing each other at least four times a week.

On the afternoon of September 7, 2011, Dela Rosa sent a text message asking Salvador to meet him. Salvador wrote that he was with his friend, a certain "Biti", when he met with Jessie.

At Sitio Sibul, Salvador asked for them to stop so he could pee. When he came back, he said that Dela Rosa was already screaming for help.

According to Salvador, he tried to stop Biti from attacking Dela Rosa, but the latter threatened him, so he panicked and ran away.

In the end, the suspect insisted that it was Biti who stabbed Dela Rosa. He said he was even willing to face trial to prove it.

Despite his denial, Willert Salvador, alias "Sulak" was charged with robbery with homicide. The victim's dying declaration supported the case.

Salvador is currently detained at the Bataan Provincial Jail. His companion, alias "Biti", meanwhile, remains unidentified and at large.

"Sabi ko na lang, bahala na ang Diyos. Hinihingi ko na lang ho sana ng katarungan ang anak ko," said Jessie's mother, Amor. "Hanggang ngayon, hindi pa kami naghi-hearing. Hanggang ngayon, hindi kami nag-uusap."

His father, Jaime, said, "Sana habang buhay na siyang nakakulong na ganun para ibig sabihin, matahimik naman 'yung anak ko."

Follow SOCO on Twitter:
Like the SOCO Facebook page:
Watch SOCO every Saturday at 4:45 p.m. on ABS-CBN