MANILA, Philippines - Incoming Energy chief Jericho Petilla stressed he will continue current projects and plans of the agency so as to not hamper any developments in the power sector.
"I have no intention of reinventing what has been started already. The best thing to do is to take off from where [Energy Secretary] Rene [Almendras] left off," Leyte Governor Petilla said in an interview on ANC's Prime Time on Friday.
His comment was made amid worries that the sudden change in leadership in the Energy department may stop improvements underway for the power sector.
On Thursday, President Benigno Aquino has confirmed Petilla will be appointed as Energy Secretary, replacing Almendras who will become the new Cabinet secretary.
When asked to comment about the rotating brownouts experienced by Mindanao since last year, Petilla quipped such is a problem between distributors and producers.
However, he declined to expound on the matter, pending his review of the "bigger picture" involving electricity supply in said region.