MANILA, Philippines - The Department of Finance (DOF) and the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) have released the list of top 50 restaurant taxpayers again, but this time for Quezon City.
In its latest "Tax Watch" ad, the BIR and DOF noted that only four out of the 50 highest-rated restaurants (based on TripAdvisor.com) in Quezon City are top taxpayers in 2011.
These four restaurants are Banapple (2nd, with P4.29 million); Max's (24th, with P613,370); Omakase (32nd, with PP493,313); and Cyma (44th with P303,260).
The list is based on tax returns filed by taxpayers registered under restaurants, cafes and fastfood chains (PSIC code 5521) and restaurants, bars, canteens, eating and drinking places (code 5529).
The top taxpayer on the list is Chef's Secret Inc., a supplier for baked and prepared products for coffee chains, hotels and restaurants. It paid P4.98 million in taxes in 2011.
Restaurant chain Banapple Pies & Cheesecakes is in second place with P4.29 million in taxes, followed by Italianni's Restaurant (P2.1 million); Pancake House (P1.62 million) and Burger King (P1.59 million).
The 2011 Top 50 Restaurant Taxpayers in Quezon City are as follows:
1. Chef's Secret, Inc. - P4,986,922 income tax due
2. Banapple Pies & Cheescakes - P4,293,966
3. Italianni's Restaurant -P2,105,324
4. Pancake House -P1,621,032
5. Burger King -P1,593,345
6. Sbarro -P1,391,928
7. Yo! Teppan Restaurant, Cocina La Paella, Huntley Mandarin Food Express, Metrostar Cafe -P1,018,408
8. Lettered L Canteen Services -P1,000,007
9. Pho No 1, Inc, -P939,157
10. Hizon's Restaurant & Catering Services -P915,723
11. SRI Food Delight, Inc. (Burgoo) -P899,517
12. Picante -P896,776
13. Specialty Restaurant, Inc. (Burgoo) -P875,382
14. VZG Food Industries, Inc. -P870,044
15. Poulet Grillade, Inc. -P853,698
16. Icebergs Food Concepts, Inc. -P846,179
17. Gumbo -P797,990
18. Crisostomo Food House, Elias by Crisostomo -P747,523
19. Jollibee (New Farmer's Plaza) -P735,443
20. Velvet Foods, Corp. -P642,609
21. Classmate KTV Music Lounge -P628,603
22. Pancake House, Inc. -P627,594
23. Crustasia, Blackbeard's Seafood Island, Clawdaddy, John Bamboo Sate House, The Red Crab Cafe -P624,574
24. Max's -P613,370
25. The Red Crab Alimango House, The Seafood Club, Blackbeard's Seafood Island, The Flying Pig -P612,803
26. McMary's Food Center -P593,658
27. Benito's Sevilla Resto Bar, Benito's Food Express -P593,301
28. Bite Club -P557,140
29. SL Celestial Foods Corporation -P545,457
30, Jack's Loft Cafe, Basement After Six -P532,900
31. Pho Hoa, My Thai Izakay Thaisho Sake Sushi Bar -P510,141
32. Omakase -P493,313
33. Bay City Prime Grills, Inc. -P491,022
34. Joe Kuan, Goto Joe Lugawan -P437,367
35. Mocha Blends, Max's -P434,911
36. Sub-O Foods Corporation -P359,866
37. Dei Gratia Coffee Shop, Nueve Cafe & Restaurant -P350,369
38. Jollibee (Philcoa) -P348,316
39. Zensho, Ba-B-Q Haus, Domel Cafe & Restaurant -P342,666
40. Serye, Le Mitron Bakery, Manilabake -P332,957
41. RVK Bar & Grill, Inc. -P326,184
42. Erlinda's Food Service -P318,084
43. KJ North Food Corporation -P309,772
44. Cyma -P303,260
45. Pasto, Dzao Vietnamese Bisto, Graffiti Hip Bar -P293,475
46. Mid-Fil Foods, Inc. -P283,061
47. Wham! Burgers -P279,408
48. Blackbeard's Seafood Island Restaurant -P278,277
49. RNH Food Center, Inc. -P271,844
50. VRK Bar & Grill -P265,118
If some restaurants with branches in Quezon City are missing from the list, it may be because they have head offices in other cities, where they pay taxes.
The public is being encouraged by the DOF and BIR to submit anonymous tips at www.perangbayan.com.