MANILA, Philippines - Lopez-led First Gen Corp. on Tuesday said its San Lorenzo and Santa Rita power plants in Batangas have resumed operations, nearly a week after typhoon "Glenda" hit southern Luzon.
In a disclosure to the stock exchange, First Gen. said all four units of the 1000-MW Santa Rita natural gas-fired power plant have resumed operations.
Also, First Gen said both units of 500 MW San Lorenzo natural gas-fired combined cycle power plant have also returned to operations.
First Gen earlier said the two plants, which produce a combined 1,500 MW, went offline because of flooding in the complex.
Santa Rita and San Lorenzo were among six power plants that went offline in the aftermath of "Glenda" last week. The limited power supply led to rotating brownouts in Manila Electric Co.'s franchise areas until Monday.