MANILA, Philippines - The Ayala-Aboitiz tandem wants to participate in any proceedings of the Office of the President regarding the appeal filed by San Miguel Corp. on its disqualification from the bidding for the Cavite-Laguna Expressway project.
In separate disclosures to the stock exchange, Ayala Corp. and Aboitiz Equity Ventures on Monday said the Team Orion consortium has submitted a motion to intervene to the Office of the President regarding San Miguel's appeal.
"AEV was advised by AboitizLand that the latter’s Team Orion consortium with AC Infrastructure Holdings Corporation, the highest bidder in the Cavite-Laguna Expressway bid (Cala-x Bidding), filed a Motion to Intervene in the appeal to the Office of the President of the Republic of the Philippines filed by one of the disqualified bidders in the CALAX bidding,"AEV said.
The motion to intervene will allow Team Orion consortium to participate in any submissions and proceedings to be conducted in connection with San Miguel's appeal.
Earlier this month, President Benigno Aquino gave San Miguel 30 days to appeal against its disqualification from bidding for the CALAX project.
SMC's Optimal Infrastructure was disqualified after it submitted a standby letter of credit for the project that was shorter than the required 180 days. This despite San Miguel's P20.1 billion bid for the project, higher than Team Orion's P11.7 billion bid.
The P35.4 billion project is a 35-year state contract to finance, construct and operate a 47-kilometer four-lane toll road connecting Cavite and Laguna.