MANILA -- The government on Wednesday has pre-qualified all the groups that submitted bids for the P17.5-billion Mactan Cebu International airport project.
The final hurdle in the bidding process would be the opening of the financial bids on August 17, after which, a notice of award will be sent to the winner on September 17.
The DOTC has pre-qualified the following:
1. Metro Pacific Investments Corp. - JG Summit airport consortium;
2. AAA Airport Partners led by the Ayala and Aboitiz groups;
3. Filinvest - CAI consortium which includes the operator of Singapore's Changi airport;
4. San Miguel Corp. - Incheon Airport consortium;
5. First Philippine Airports consortium led by First Philippine Holdings Corp. and Infratil Asia Ltd.;
6. Premier Airport group led by SM Investments Corp., Citadel Holdings Inc. and the operator of Zurich (Switzerland) airport; and
7. GMR Infrastructure (operator of airports in India, Turkey, Maldives) - Megawide consortium.
The Mactan-Cebu airport project entails the construction of a new passenger terminal with an annual capacity of 8 million, the rehabilitation of the old terminal, and the operation of the whole airport facility.
Last year, the airport was used by 6.8 million passengers, more than its annual capacity of 4.5 million.