MANILA -- The Department of Transportation and Communications will be meeting with the pre-qualified bidders for the P60-billion Light Rail Transit (LRT) Line 1 Cavite Extension project.
"The conferences will give bidders the chance to bring up their questions and comments on the draft Concession Agreement which will eventually be awarded to the winning bidder," the DOTC said in a statement.
"[T]his will enable the bidders to better prepare their respective bid proposals, which are due for submission on June 17," the department added.
The agency said its Special Bids and Awards Committee and the Light Rail Transit Authority has scheduled the conferences from April 25 to 30. The government offices will be meeting with the consortium of DMCI Holdings Inc., the Light Rail Manila consortium, the consortium of SMC Infra Resources Inc., and the MTD Samsung consortium.
Last year, thirty-three companies bought invitation documents for said project. However, only six groups submitted their qualification documents and only four were declared qualified.
The LRT-1 Cavite Extension project will add additional stations to the existing line, allowing it to reach passengers in Niyog in Bacoor, Cavite. The government is also mulling to further extend this to Dasmariñas City and Imus.