ABS-CBN News

Bidding of Mactan-Cebu airport project delayed anew

Posted at | Updated as of 02/19/13 11:30 PM

MANILA, Philippines - The auction of the P17-billion Mactan-Cebu International Airport project has been delayed anew as the Transportation department gave interested firms another month to prepare their proposals.

"Due to the request for extension by the prospective bidders, the schedule for the submission and opening of the pre-qualification documents has been moved from February 27 to March 22," Jose Perpetuo Lotilla, DOTC undersecretary for legal affairs, said in a bulletin dated Feb. 18.

Lotilla also said interested bidders can raise all their clarificatory questions until March 4.

This is already the second time the DOTC has moved the deadline for the submission of pre-qualification documents for the airport project. Earlier, the DOTC postponed the deadline to Feb. 27 from Feb. 18, meant to give firms more time to conduct inspections at the project site.

So far, the following firms have bought bid documents for the Mactan-Cebu airport project: First Philippine Holdings Corp.; Metro Pacific Investments Corp. and JG Summit Holdings Inc.; Aboitiz Land Inc., Filinvest Development Corp. and Filinvest Land Inc.; San Miguel Corp.; Macroasia Corp.; Prime Power Holdings Corp.; Megawide Construction Corp.; GMR Infrastructure Ltd.; and Premier Airport Group of SM Investments Corp.