MANILA - Several flights on Tuesday were cancelled due to Tropical Depression Agaton, which crossed the central Philippines on its way to Palawan, the Manila International Airport Authority said.
The following flights were cancelled as of 3 p.m. Tuesday:
- 2P 2203/2204 Manila-Roxas-Manila
- 2P 5203/5204 Manila-Roxas-Manila
- 2P 2921/2922 Manila-Legazpi-Manila
- 2P 5903/5904 Manila-Roxas-Manila
- 5J 895/896 Manila-Caticlan-Manila
- 5J 325/326 Manila-Legazpi-Manila
- 5J 647/648 Manila-Puerto Princesa-Manila
- 5J 639/640 Manila-Puerto Princesa-Manila
- DG 6073/6074 Manila-Tablas-Manila
- DG 6177/6178 Manila-Masbate-Manila
Agaton is expected to make landfall over Palawan on Tuesday evening and will leave the Philippine area of responsibility by Thursday, according to state weather bureau PAGASA.
Thousands of passengers were also stranded in different ports across the country because of the storm, which was packing maximum sustained winds of 55 kph and 90 kph gusts. - report from Jacque Manabat, ABS-CBN News