Summer is the favorite season of many people. The promise of fun and adventure that the sunshine, warm weather, and the great outdoors bring is simply too hard to resist.
But, let’s face it, the hot temperature can get quite stressful, too. When the weather is warm, oil production in our skin’s pores could increase, resulting in a shiny face that’s just neither dewy nor glowing. And oily summer skin is a no-no!
Not to worry, though, keeping oiliness at bay this season is actually pretty easy. Here are five ways to stay fresh this summer:
1. Cleanse. Cleanse your face as often as three times a day to get rid of bacteria and excess oil. Make sure to use a gentle product that won’t leave your skin dehydrated lest it will only cause your skin to produce more oil.
2. Hydrate your skin. One of the best ways to keep the skin healthy-looking and hydrated is by using a moisturizer. However, there are some moisturizers that leave a greasy finish—and you don’t want that—so go for an oil-free moisturizer that has a mattifying effect on the skin.
3. Drink up. When you don’t consume enough water, your skin tends to become dry, and that’s when the skin usually starts to produce more oil. So, no matter how busy your summer calendar is, don’t forget to drink up.
4. Blot away. Always have a blotting paper handy to remove the shine on certain areas of your face. It’s better than using a powder puff which could only leave your skin cakey.
5. Use an oil-controlling powder foundation. Ditch the liquid foundation and go minimal on makeup with nothing else but an oil-controlling powder foundation. Arguably the best (and most affordable!) product in the market today is the Ever Bilena Powder Foundation. It’s an absolute must-have this summer season, because not only does it have ingredients that protect the face from the harmful UVA/UVB rays, it’s also packed with vitamin E that moisturizes the skin while keeping it oil-free. Originally priced at P220, you can grab one now this summer for the promo price of P165. (Promo is applicable in Watsons, SM Department Store and Robinsons Department Store.)
NOTE: BrandNews articles are promotional features from our sponsors and not news articles from our editorial staff.